New Year ResolutionsPublished on 1 Jan 2016 by Gwion Llwyd
New Year resolutions usually involve reflecting upon self-improvement; do more exercise, spend more time with the kids, lose weight, be more sociable….the list goes on. Sadly however 88% of us will fail…. and the reasons why?….35% of us set unrealistic goals, 33% don’t keep track, 23% forget about them and 1 in 10 made too many. Not a good outlook, however there are ways to increase your chances of success:
- Focus on 1 or 2 key goals in stead of a big list – when one resolution falls by the wayside, the others usually follow suit.
- Make your resolutions public – you are more likely to succeed if others are watching what you’re doing!
- Be specific about what you want to achieve and by when i.e loose 10lbs by April vs loose weight
- Monitor your progress with mini goals along the way
- Prepare for your resolution i.e put a plan in place on how you are going to achieve it.
So taking heed of such advise, the Dioni team have decided to declare their resolutions….
Enter the Harlech Triathlon.
If any Dioni guests are also entering the triathlon, if you beat Gwion’s time, a pint in the Lion pub after is on offer…..best get that round in Gwion!
Complete the Snowdonia 14 Peaks.
Looking at point one, I decided to drop the gluten, dairy and sugar free vegan quest and just focus on this!
To cut down her drinking.
On the basis her mother suggested this, we know point 2 will be covered…. Someone is watching!
Will carry on being a taxi service to the children, but this year, she aims to do it with a smile!
Love this – something every parent of a teen can relate to!